Friday, August 23, 2019

Happy Birthday Stipple Card

Well hello again. Today I am putting up another card in the same color scheme as the last post with the exception of adding the yellow. This lets it fit into the Color Throwdown Challenge this week.

The flowers are a super fun background stamp from Simon Says Stamp called Gerba. I kept the coloring really loose on purpose. I also made the yellow off center and bigger than expected. First I created a quick circle from a post-it and masked the center of the flower. Taking my large stipple brush I fanned out the colors of each flower. Removing the center sticker I stippled the yellow centers adding some detail with a coordinating yellow marker. I added some coordinating dots with my Nuvo drops to finish it off. And bam... that's it. Super fast and easy. Give it a try, coloring doesn't always have to be inside the lines. :)







Coloring outside the lines again,
Alicia






3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the way you used the colors on this. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love your technique for adding subtle color to the flowers. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of the colors at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

09 10