Sunday, July 21, 2019

Hello - Typewriter

I've spent the last day or two in my card making feeling creatively frustrated. You know how that goes. I sit. I look at my supplies. I am stumped. This hasn't happened for a while, but when it does it's downright painful. This card is the result of my frustration. I am actually quite happy with it believe it or not. I used the Simon Says Stamp's weekly challenge as my inspiration. Well at least a "lose" inspiration. The theme is create your own background. There are three elements to this one. The first is the background stamp, boy is it an old one from Stampin' Up!, it's called Form and Function. Next I added the stenciled dots with an ombre affect. Finally, I noticed it was lacking and I added the tiny black dots. That's an old stamp from my single stamp collection called Baby from American Crafts, again super old. The typewriter image is unknown. I just didn't write the name of it down. Silly me. I colored it with my Copic markers and cut it out with my Scan n' Cut. I toyed with backing it with black card stock, but as I looked at it the collection was just too intense on the black so I ended up on white. Another note, I couldn't find a color of stamp pad that was just what I wanted to create the dots in the background so I mixed two colors - Stampin' Up!'s Smokey Slate and then  I added Bordering Blue. It's pretty fun to mix colors, kind like mixing lipstick colors to get the shade you want.






Hello friends,
Alicia





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10