Sunday, July 28, 2019

Bright and Happy Hello

I decided to have another crack at these colors again. You know, orange, yellow and pink from the challenge over at The Color Throwdown this week. This card turned our rather interestingly, don't you think? Unexpected images for those colors, works? Yes. Would I use them together every day? No. The layout is inspired by the sketch at Cas(e) This Sketch. I did reverse sides, but it's right on the money non-the-less. I like to combine more than one challenge, I find it difficult to do sometimes, but  that's the point of it all. Stretching.

Here's the deets - border stamps are from Neat & Tangled and called On the Edge; flowers and hello are from Altenew and called Flower Arrangement. The 1/2 ring is from some scrap stamped card stock, you'll see the piece it came out of in my next post. :) I did add some new to me coolness to this card - Nuvo White Crystal Drops... they are super cool. But one strange thing happened. After they dried I noticed that the drops placed on stamped areas leeched the color. Strange huh? There's a photo at the bottom where you can see it. The drop in the top left corner is all white, while the other two are tinted.






Hello lovely friends,
Alicia






2 comments:

  1. You rock these color and sketch challenges. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. So many interesting pieces to look at that work well together. I need to check out the CAS(E) this sketch challenge. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

09 10