Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Macaron Darling?

Ever felt intimidated by just the looks of a stamp set? I bought this one because I absolutely loved the outcome of the image. I saw how many steps there were to get the image after I received the set and, oh my gosh. I just never used it. It's Impression Obsession's Macaron stamp set. That was until I finally got the hint that you could make them with just three colors. You see there are actually five, yes I said it, five layers to these little cookies. Here is the breakdown of how to get them to look nom nom perfect:

I stamped the 1 layer with the lightest color, next for the 2nd layer I used the same color but stamped it twice thanks to my MISTI, this way I was able to achieve a shade darker color, then went with the middle color, then the darkest and for the 5th and final layer I stamped with the darkest color twice using my MISTI.

I'm going to throw it into the ring over at the My Favorite Things Color Challenge because I used the colors anyway. I've been having a ball with them.










Macarons, mmmmm,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10