Monday, March 18, 2019

Free-flowing Triangles

Playing with The Paper Players today. The challenge is to make a one layer card, here are the rules:

What do we mean by One Layer Wonder Clean and Simple?
  • A single layer and minimal embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered
This I can do. I chose an old faithful set from Altenew called Sohcahtoa (retired). They have a new triangle set, it's currently on it's merry little way on to my house. :) Who can have enough perfect little triangles, right? And it's by Altenew, yum. On to the point. I just started in the center of my card stock and then bagan plopping down triangles, it was rather liberating... Because of my great planning I didn't know what or how I was going to add as a greeting (because I believe ALL cards should have greetings). I found this one that had clean typography and was in a sort of triangle shape. bam, perfect.






Everyone needs a little creative trigonometry,
Alicia

Update:

Design Team, A Cut Above:




4 comments:

  1. Wow I love this! The pattern is awesome..great stamping.Thanks for joining us at The paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card Alicia - I have a triangle stamp I never use because I can never get it to look quite right, but your colours and design make these triangles just pop off the page - great job. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING! Love the pattern you created randomly, as well as the colors! Hmmm, I don't think I have a triangle stamp, maybe I should remedy that! Very clever and creative and ONE LAYER! Woohoo! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, you rocked the triangle stamps. The mixture of colors and the pattern you created add so much interest and texture. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players these week with this fabulous card
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

09 10