Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Finally an Actual Spring Card & Tutorial

I posted earlier about how I struggle with spring type card. I am too drawn to high contrast, and Spring is all about subtly and softness. Tough for me. So I think I found a happy medium of sorts. The colors here are somewhat springy, but verging on bold. The first photo shows just how many of my Copic markers I used for this, is that normal?! This is only the third thing that I have colored with them, so I'm not sure.


My card has an interesting twist to it, the white background pieces are done with a cool die cutting technique that I came up with, there's a tutorial after the card photos. Be sure to check it out. Here's my card:



Here is the background piece tutorial as promised:

1) Cut partial circle, this is a 3 3/4 inch, from corner of 4" x 5 1/4" card stock.

2) Cut portion of circle as shown, discard.

3) Cut opposite corner of same card stock as close to the same size as possible, just eyeball it.

4) Cut portion of second circle as shown, discard.

5) Place pieces on layering size of card stock (4"x 5 1/4").

Finished card.

Have fun with this, enjoy!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10