Monday, July 29, 2019

Kind Words are Everything

Kind words ARE everything. Even when it's hard to say.

I am almost embarrassed at how many cards I have made with these colors from the Color Throwdown challenge this week. Funny thing is that I don't really like them so much. Perhaps that's where the challenge was for me. This particular card is the last one I did last night and finished this morning. I do like the juxtaposition of the colored flowers and the orange leaves. I've done this on a couple of cards in the color scheme. I had originally placed an orange background behind the arrangement, but it looked so harsh I couldn't stand it. As per my mode of usual operation I opted for a white background piece. It seems to set off the lovely flowers in a striking way.

I have two more challenges to add this card to: Freshly Made Sketches and Fusion, check 'em out to see what the requirements were.

Details to come - I'm not at home while blogging.... :)






Kindness matters,
Alicia
















4 comments:

  1. I love your thought process on the colors. I try to add color and I almost always go back to a fresh white background! The flowers are lovely - and work very well with the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined challenges with your design and sentiment, Alicia! Your flowers are so pretty...lovely summery colors and your sentiment is just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia! These florals are so pretty! I love the unexpected color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how these flowers pop against the white...beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion and at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

09 10