Monday, July 22, 2019

Hang In There

I had this idea in my head and I am so glad it worked out. This card is inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, which I think is challenging to get a unique take on. I created the animals and balloons then the struggle ensued. I don't know why it took my so long to figure out how to do those stripes on either side, but alas, it did. I mostly had trouble with getting the colors to work together. My gray stamp pads are not the colors of gray that I want. I am searching. I think I will look at Altenew's stamp pads. Suggestions are welcome. The only stamp set I used  is called Up & Away by Mama Elephant. The cloud stencil is from My Favorite Things. Coloring is done with my Copic markers.






Hold on tight,
Alicia




2 comments:

  1. This is simply adorable, Alicia! Your grey clouds are so pretty and perfect for the critters and the pop of pink of the balloons. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I love the way the popped side panels are part of the background but still accent the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

09 10