Friday, July 5, 2019

Sending My Love

As I look at this card I see so many things I would change about it in retrospect. Oh don't you hate it when you have card regret? Oh well, it is what it is and I made it for two different online challenges. Here goes nothing. The first is for The Color Throwdown and the second is for Freshly Made Sketch 's Challenge. The plant and the background image are both from Altenew.  The Color Throwdown's colors this week are a challenge not to make into Christmas or a Mexican fiesta. Check out their inspiration and then the sketch -

  






Love,
Alicia





5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card!! You totally ROCKED these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a very useful phrase coming here: card regret! Boy do I have that sometimes...I just never knew it had a name! To be honest, I'm not sure what you regret here. I love how you used the colors in a fresh way - no strawberries or watermelons in sight! The background has a great geometric feel to it and your potted plant looks so colorful and fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this card makes me happy! I'm so glad you shared this on The Color Throwdown Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it just the way it is!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you that this card made me pause as i caught up on blog posts. It really made me stop and study what you did -- I put it on my pinterest board under "Hmmm" and "I want to do this" . I love how you made a small image as a focal point, and added much interest with the strips "leading to it" . Kudos to you. I wouldn't change a thing!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10